Thursday, July 09, 2009

We're having a . . . . . .


I am not sure if it is because it is our last baby or because the girls are so excited about having the baby, but I have been anxiously awaiting this ultrasound for weeks. For the big news. . . Not sure what to do with a boy, but ready or not, he is coming. Wow.
We took the girls so it would feel more real to them. They were excited to see the baby, but not so excited to hear the news of it being a boy. I explained to them that "you get what you get" to which Ellie promptly responded, " and you don't throw a fit." My wise little one. They were fairly attentive for the first ten minutes and then quickly were ready to move on to other things. I am always so amazed at ultrasounds to see how he is already a little person with hands and feet and fingers and toes--a truly amazing creation from God. Katelyn was a little sensitive to "how are we going to get him out" and whether it would hurt. They most definitely will not be in the room for all that. But most of all I am feeling blessed that so far everything looks healthy whether it was a boy or a girl.
So we are very excited as we continue on this adventure called parenthood. It seems that a new gender chapter is about to be opened. Wish us luck and lots of advice on what to do with little boys. Alan will be very pleased to have some additional testosterone in the house. So far he has had to rely on Scotty.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations. I know the girls will love him when he comes. They say the boys are easier. I'm not so sure. Love to all of you, Aunt Joyce

Allison Jo said...

I am so excited for our new little addition to the family! I love all of you and miss you tons! -- Allison

Anonymous said...

congrats...I know the girls will be very good bog sisters can't wait for a vacation with all of you again Love you all Judy

Anonymous said...

Nick and I are truly happy for you!! Nick is very happy for Alan due to the estrogen in that wonderful household! Let us know if you need anything and congratulations. Oh yeah...thanks for the nice postcard and picture of the girls!! Love you guys...Angela & Nick

Anonymous said...

As I am reading your blog, I am listening to Mary Chapin Carpenter singing "Sometimes you're the bug". Hummm. And so excited for you all. The girls will spoil him rotten. Can't wait to see you all. Love you all bunches.Love Aunt Boo