Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter 2010

Headed to Louisville for a long Easter weekend. Friday was a gorgeous day. I think Spring finally arrived. The girls spent all day out in the yard on Grandma's swing set. We may have to look in to getting one ourselves.

Our family has a longstanding tradition of dying Easter eggs on Good Friday. The Bibelhauser clan comes over along with friends who have kids. I think we dyed eleven dozen eggs this year. The kids have their fun and then the adults finish things out. Katelyn dyed her hands blue, but fortunately it washed out. Owen didn't actually dye any eggs, but he enjoyed watching and getting passed off among the relatives.




My sister's boyfriend, Eric, came in for the weekend to participate in the Bibelhauser/Coombs whirlwind of activities. When my sister said we were having family over to dye eggs, I don't think he bargained for the sheer volume of people at our house.

Saturday we went over to my Aunt Vicki's to celebrate cousins' Adam and Stephanie's birthdays. It was one of the best weather days of the year. It was nice to just hang out with my dad's side of the family.

Sunday, Easter morning started with the whole crew of us trying to get ready at the same time. We managed to make it to church on time at Athanasius. The girls were wonderful in church. They kept asking very thoughtful questions throughout the service. You could tell that they have been listening to what is being said at school and church and were trying to put it all together. It was cool to just listen to them.





We had a blissful day visiting all the family for Easter. Lunch was a cookout at Grandma Libby's with the Coombs clan, followed by dinner at the Bibelhausers. The girls enjoyed two Easter egg hunts and received gobs of candy. They crashed on the way home from Mema's. Not sure if it was a sugar crash or they were just beat from the festivities of the day. Alan, Sherry and Eric went home Easter evening, but we were fortunate to be able to stay another night as both Katelyn and I were off school Monday.

Headed back to Nashville today. Finished off our Easter weekend with perfect weather. Although I felt an urge to get our house and lives back in order after the long weekend, I allowed Katelyn to talk me into hanging out with her outside.  I am so glad I succumbed. With the beautiful weather and the company of my kids, we had some perfect down time outside doing bubbles, chalk and playing with the dogs.

Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

The Mom said...

Sounds like a perfect way to break the boyfriend into the family. Love your Easter pics and your beautiful family. You are a blessed woman!