Thursday, August 22, 2013

Learning Guitar

Ellie has decided to challenge her genes and play a musical instrument. While Alan dabbled in guitar for a brief time in his life and I reached my musical pinnacle in the 2nd grade on the violin, Ellie is determined to become a master at the guitar. So outfitted with her newly, picked out guitar and her beginning guitar book, she completed her first lesson this week with our CPA Band Director, Max Fulwider. She was super excited all week and was counting down the days until her first lesson.

I think she was hopeful she would come home playing actual songs, but alas, like all others, she is beginning with GGGGGGGGGGG. The interesting thing is that you don't even have to buy a tuner anymore. We downloaded an app that helps you tune your guitar. I think she found it as entertaining to tune her guitar as to actually play.  We shall see whether a musical prodigy emerges.


No comments: