Saturday, January 25, 2014

Circus time--Should I enlist my kids

Owen's first trip to the circus. Kids had a great time. We went with a group from Ellie's Destination Imagination team. There was a lot of cool stuff going on there. We were met by protesters at the door, but I kind of understand their point. I really could have done without the elephants and the tigers. I found myself feeling sorry for them. I don't feel like they were really being whipped, but I saw a lot of prodders and the keepers flicking whips on the floor.
Owen's favorite part was the girl getting shot out of the canon. The girls liked the people who walked around the spinning cylinders. Looking at all the dancing, acrobats, silly skits, etc. made me wonder if I should sign my kids up. I think they would fit in nicely. Good Family Day!

view full image

"Family circus time. "

1 comment:

Allison Jo said...

Awww so much fun!