The planner that I am, I thought it would be a good idea to have June babies so I could be off all summer with them before heading back to school. Why didn't someone tell me the crazy birthday weekends that would be in store for me with two birthdays so close together. Well we survived the weekend and had a great time at it. It was a tremendous help to have Grandma Karen and Aunt Joyce around.
We had beautiful weather yesterday for Ellie's party at the Splash Pad. It was nice to meet some of the parents of Ellie's friends. The kids pretty much ran around for two hours in the water, occasionally stopping in for food and drink. Katelyn handled it wonderfully given that it was actually her birthday. We ended up grilling out at our house that evening and having a little cake to celebrate Katelyn's actual birthday. Katelyn's big birthday present was a new bike which you can see her so proudly riding. Ellie is the recipient of Katelyn's old Dora bike.
Today we took a trip to Brushfire Pottery for a party with some of Katelyn's girl friends. The girls did a wonderful job and were complimented on by the manager on how well-behaved and attentive they were. We get to pick up their works of art in about a week. That should be interesting. So in summary, I have a new three year old and a new five year old. Where has the time gone? I know it sounds crazy to say they are getting ready to go to college, but I feel like time is moving that fast. So my prayer for tonight is that time slows down so I don't miss all the little things.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday to my girls! I can't wait to celebrate with you all next weekend. Amy.. it sounds like from what I heard they got that we need a few more ideas for gifts. let me know! Love you all!
I loved seeing the girls enjoy their birthdays. It was so much fun seeing the smiles on their faces. I love living here....Aunt Sherry
I was happy that I was able to share in their birthdays. I had a wonderful time. Thanks. Love you all, Aunt Joyce
Post a Comment