It took my 3 year old's words of wisdom as she spoke of how beautiful everything was on our walk--the true joy I saw in her eyes and smile from a simple walk with her mama--to take the time to sit down on the path (she was tired) and appreciate the beauty of God's creation.
And then I left the path and re-entered my world of overabundance and returned to my cranky self. It was only this evening as I was reading the blog of a 20 year old girl serving in Uganda that is so sure of herself and her faith as she described her days ministering to the poor that I truly stopped for some introspection.
I encourage you to check out her blog www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com. It is listed to the right as The Journey. But the entry that caused me to really pause and appreciate my family and what we have is http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/2009/08/be-warned-i-always-re-read-things.html
To be able to visualize the number of kids out there with no parents who love them and nothing to eat is heartbreaking. It made me go in and hug my kids that much harder. Sure they whine and can be stubborn and don't listen, but they are mine to love all the more and I wouldn't trade them for the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment