Saturday, September 12, 2009

Go CPA!

We went to our first CPA game of the year last night. Our poor Lions had an 0-3 record going in to the game. The girls decided to wear their cheer girl uniforms and do some cheering. They had a wonderful time. I think Ellie may be a sports commentator or something. She chattered incessantly and asked a zillion questions, "Why are we cheering, what happened to that guy, who has the ball, why is he down, how much time, . . . . . and on and on and on." If I didn't immediately respond, I received a persistent tug on my arm until I answered her. It reminded me of when my mom use to tell me how I was always saying, "Why this and Why that." My favorite though was when I let out a little groan on a fumble and Ellie responded, "It's o.k. mommy. We can cheer for both teams. It's o.k." in her sweetest little supportive voice.

Katelyn had a great time running around with her friends from school. She hung out most of the night with a little boy from her class. It was almost a glimpse of what's to come. I could visualize them 12 years from now sitting on the same bleachers together cheering for their team. It is one reason I love the school so much. It is a community that comes together--with kids K-12 running around and having a great time. Of course the kids crashed on the way home. By the way, we WON. Yeah CPA.

Getting ready for the game

Tuckered out afterwards

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so sweet and loveable! I can't wait until our next visit together! -- Allison

Anonymous said...

Boy was I surprised when they showed up today. I loved it. They are so adorable. Love you all, Aunt Joyce