We added a new member to our family today. . . Owen Richard Calhoun. Contractions started at about 6 am, although my stubborn self did not recognize them as the real thing until about 8 am. I was dressed and ready to go to work, but luckily, my wonderful hubby decided not to risk it and took the kids to school. In the midst of his travels, I called him to let him know that we definitely needed to think about going to the hospital when he got back. Headed to the hospital at about 8:30 am, checked in at 9 am and was 7-8 cm when we got there. I almost missed out on getting an epidural and knew I was in trouble when the nurse asked if I was going natural. Now having done that before, that was not a mistake I wanted to make again. It took almost an hour to get the anesthesiologist to come by and by then I was probably at about 8-9 cm. I just kept thinking, "I do not want to do this unmedicated again." For those who know my husband, he likes to describe the last time when he claims my eyes rolled into the back of my head and I looked like the exorcist chick, but enough of that.
So with my nice epidural, I proceeded to push Baby Owen out in about 10 minutes and our family became a family of five at 11 am when Owen entered this world weighing a hefty 8 lbs and 9 ounces--I am sure the product of my chocolate addiction. Unfortunately, with my speedy delivery, my mom missed it again. She and Sherry arrived about an hour after Owen entered this world. The girls came by this evening and loved on Baby Owen. Katelyn's natural motherly instincts took over and she started kissing on him and singing him lullabies. They both got right up in the bed with him and loved all over him. All is going well and we expect to be home on Wednesday sometime.
Baby Owen
Daddy and Owen
Mommy and Owen
Big Sister Ellie
Katelyn loving on Owen
The new Calhoun Family
13 comments:
What a precious new addition to the Calhoun family. Can't wait to meet Owen. Saying prayers of thanksgiving for his safe (and quick) arrival. Blessings to you all
congratulations, calhouns!!! he is beatiful just like his big sisters.
time to update your family photos on the sidebar! and the ticker too!
argh, so sorry, that was my comment above, i was so excited that i hit "publish" too soon!
Oh I am so happy for you guys ! He is adorable please let me know if you need anything. Can't wait to meet him in person :)Praying for you guys as always
Congratulations!! We're so happy for you all, and so thankful that you had such a smooth delivery. Please let us know if there's anything you need! We can't wait to see him (Jeremy's dad's name is Owen too!)
Christiane & Jeremy
Katelyn was so excited to call me and tell me about her baby brother! She wanted to know when I was going to see him.. I am so happy that Owen is healthy and so is mommy! Can't wait to meet the new addition to our family. Love you guys!!
I can't wait to get my hands on this cutie pie!
I am so happy for you guys and am so excited that we will be able to see you guys this weekend. Love you all bunches and give all the kids a big hug from us. Love Aunt Boo
Wow, what an efficient delivery!! Wake up at a normal time, drop the kids off at school, hop over to the hospital, have baby, eat lunch. You're good!! So happy for your family. Owen is a doll and I love his name.
Yay! I'm so excited for you! Owen is beautiful! You'll have to let me know how life with 3 kids is. I have 9 weeks left and i've decided that i'm not going to be ready no matter how much time you give me! I know you'll be a great mom of 3~
Hey Amy,
I didn't hear until this morning! Bless you and your sweet growing family. I am a witness of the chocolate addiction...thank goodness that is all we used to get through PowerSchool. I can't wait to meet Owen. Enjoy these days at home!
Trudy
Looking forward to seeing all of you. Can't wait to hold him. Love you all. Aunt Joyce
I'm so excited to hold him!! Can't wait to see you guys and I hope all is well! Congratulations again on new baby and your family is AMAZING!
Post a Comment