Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Already 2 weeks old--what a chunker

Owen had his two week checkup today. He is 9 lbs and 6 ounces and healthy. While he was 8 lbs 9 oz at birth, he had dropped to 8 lbs 1 oz when we left the hospital. The doctor says he likes to see them back up to birth weight at 2 weeks. Well Owen way surpassed that. Dr. said on average most babies gain about .5 to 1 oz a day the first few weeks. Well Owen gained 21 ounces in 14 days. The boy knows how to eat.

Owen continues to be my sweet little snuggler. He rarely cries or makes a fuss unless he is hungry or needs to be changed and even then it is not usually much of a cry. I took him up to my school today. Katelyn was his tour guide, taking him to see her teachers and to see my co-workers. She was very protective and made sure they knew how to hold him and to watch for his neck. She has taken on the protective mother role for him and takes it very seriously. It has been such a joy to watch the way she exhibits such love for her new little brother. The only jealousy I have seen is when he gets gifts and she wants one too. Otherwise, she is often glued to me when I have him--not jealous of the time that I spend with him, but rather wanting to hold him herself.

No comments: