I have been a little worried about Katelyn because she has seemed slow to catch on to reading and just did not like to read herself, but tonight, she floored me. For the last few weeks, we have been reading 8-10 page books and sounding out just about every word. But when I got home tonight, she was reading just about every word out of Green Eggs and Ham. She was so proud of herself. It is like it just clicked for her and she was zipping through sentences.
She was concentrating so hard I didn't have the heart to make her stop and go to bed. So if my kid is cranky tomorrow, you know why. But is will be worth it given the look of accomplishment she had when she finished PAGE 64.
3 comments:
Yeah! I am so proud of her. Can't wait for her to read with me!
Love, Aunt Sherry
If you ask my first grade teacher Ms. Porter... she and my dad were concerned that I wouldn't read. Especially after how much my father always worked with me... but by the end of first grade I was reading on a third grade reading level. And look at me now.. I am a successful young adult!
Katelyn.. I am so proud of you and can't wait for you to read me stories! Keep trying!
Love you guys! Have fun in Disney!!
Love,
Allison
Post a Comment