Monday, March 01, 2010

Purim Parade and Owen's first day of school

O.K. I am two weeks late on this, but Owen officially turned 3 months old on February 16. My mom and Larry were up the weekend before to bring Sherry's stuff. She moved to her own apartment for some peace and quiet. She will be missed, but I can understand how living with a family of five may crimp ones style.  I can't believe how fast the time is going. Owen's first three months were a whirlwind. I really enjoyed my time off with him and can't believe my maternity leave is already over. I have actually been back at work for two weeks now and feel like I never left. I do feel blessed to work at a place that I love, where people ask about my kids all the time, and where there is a true sense of community.



After I went back to work, Alan took two weeks of paternity leave to hang out at home with Owen---well not exactly at home. He had many projects to work on and kids to chauffeur around. I was lucky enough to have him visit me at work with the O Man a few times to smooth the transition. He was able to spend Fridays at Shabbat with Ellie and be a part of her Purim Parade before heading back to work today.  For those not of the Jewish faith. Purim is a celebration of when Esther saved the Jewish people.


Which leads me to today. Owen, my baby, (I'm getting sappy aren't I) started school today. OK not really school, rather it is daycare, but daycare equates to preschool before too long and preschool inevitably leads to kindergarten which quickly turns into college. So I guess I could say Owen started the road to college today. I am starting to think that my lack of sleep is making my head a pile of mush leading to a bit too much drama. The day actually went very well. They all loved Owen and said he smiled all day at them. Not sure what else he did to burn off energy, but he crashed at 5:30 pm tonight and hasn't stirred. I am anticipating a rough night for us all.

No comments: