Sunday, February 14, 2010

New haircuts, Sock Hops and life at the Calhouns

We have a had a busy last two weeks as I have tried to cram in everything I can before starting work tomorrow. I have mixed feelings about returning. I am glad to get back into the mix of things at work. I have missed the people and the kids, but I will also miss my little man who I have spent the last three months attached to. He has been such a blessing to our family and is the sweetest little guy. To ease the transition, I have a wonderful husband who is taking 2 weeks of paternity leave to stay home with Owen while I go back to work. Owen will then join Ellie at the JCC at the beginning of March.

So here goes a recap of the last two weeks.

Both girls got haircuts. Ellie wanted hers short like her mom's and Aunt Sherry's. We were going to go with shoulder length, but she kept saying shorter, shorter. It turned out to be very cute. She is growing bigger every day and has pretty much lost her baby look. I am not sure what happened to my Baby Ellie, but she has been replaced by a tall, slender, little girl.


With all of the snow and ice, the Father/Daughter sock hop scheduled for the end of January was moved to this weekend. Katelyn was so excited and spoke of it every day for the last three weeks. Alan was a trooper and greased his hair back, taking his oldest daughter out for a date to CPA. Thanks to Chuck for the greaser jacket. It made the outfit.



My sister, the lovely Aunt Sherry, moved out this weekend. After driving across town to work every day, she decided to move closer to her school. We are all sad that she is gone. The guest room looks so empty tonight. Mom and Larry came in for the weekend to bring all her stuff out of storage. Saturday was moving day. Even Ellie helped out by washing all her dishes. I must remember this for when I need help at my  house with dishes. While moving her things, we discovered to brand new Christmas dresses in the closet. I bought them after last Christmas and must have put them in the closet so the kids wouldn't see them. Unfortunately, I hid them from myself and forgot them, so they were not used for Christmas. Therefore, they became VALENTINES dresses. The kids dressed up for church today in their new dresses and had a ball.


Owen continues to be my incredibly sweet little boy. He gets all kinds of love from his mommy and daddy, along with his two big sisters. There is often a fight over who gets to hold Owen in the evenings. On Tuesday, he will be three months old. The last three months have flown by and we have loved every minute.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! Miss you all already!

Anonymous said...

Your a lucky woman Amy. You have three lovely children. They grow up fast. Cherish it. Love, Aunt Joyce

Allison Jo said...

Amy i miss you guys terribly! These pictures make me tear up knowing how fast they are growing. Love you all tons and can't wait for your next visit!

Love,
allison

The Mom said...

Good thing you found the dresses before EASTER....red would certainly
not have been as attractive then as it was for Valentine's Day. The girls look beautiful and were probably very excited. Do I have permission to list your blog on our blogroll? I wanted to be sure that it was okay before I put you up there! Thanks, The Mom