Sorry for not posting sooner. There has been so much going on that I have not been able to find the time to blog.
Let me start by saying that I have the best family in the world. How do I know? Because over the two week Christmas break, I had a sister that spent almost every day at our new house helping me paint, a mom and Larry that came down from Louisville for moving week to help paint, change out electrical sockets, peel wallpaper and you name it, and I had an awesome Aunt Joyce and cousin Allison that drove down from Louisville for 3 days to help paint, move and love on my kids. We managed to paint 7 rooms during those two weeks and move in.
Needless to say the Christmas Holidays are a blur. We were blessed to have Grandmom Marilyn and Kit come down to spend Christmas with us. They didn’t know what they were walking into with boxes every where and our house and lives in a state of disarray. It was a lovely few days. The kids love to visit with Marilyn and Kit and it was nice to have another two pairs of hands around to help. We were pleasantly surprised with a knock on the door Christmas day, opening it to reveal an unexpected early visit by my mom, Larry and Sherry. They were due to come on Sunday, but came Christmas Day instead. And here I thought we would be spending our first Christmas in Nashville alone and instead had both sets of grandparents in attendance.
We visited the ICE exhibit at Opryland Hotel and it was COLD. We were bundled up in their blue issued parkas, but still froze.
December 30 was moving day. We are still unboxing things, so I’ll post pictures of the inside of the house soon with its new paint job. Right now, it still looks like slightly organized chaos in some areas.
I will try to be a better poster. In looking back, this is the only place where I chronicle the lives of my kids, so when I don’t post, I find there are gaps in my memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment