Sunday, April 26, 2009

Enjoying a beautiful spring day



Believe it or not, if you want to entertain my kids on a beautiful day, give them a sponge and a bucket of water. We took advantage of the great weather this weekend do some spring cleaning. We scrubbed down the deck and all the furniture. The girls probably spent an hour with brushes and sponges cleaning. Of course, it usually required Sherry and I do to some touching up, but they had a good time and were wiped out. Ellie ended up taking a four hour nap to recover. We also got the sprinkler out for the first time this season. We are looking forward to many more days like this weekend to just be outside in the wonders of nature. I feel blessed that my kids would rather be running around with a hose and on bikes that glued to a TV.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I miss my girls!!!! I love you all and I might just show up on your doorstep one day!

Anonymous said...

they do love the water. I am glad that they were having fun. Love to you all, Aunt Joyce