Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Evening rituals

So I just put the girls to bed. Ellie is still yelling, "mom, lay with me, just one more hug." As crazy as it may seem, I love putting the girls down at bed. It is not without negotiations. We negotiate on which pjs they are going to wear, what toothbrush they are going to use, whether I get to brush their teeth or whether they are going to do it, which book they will each pick out, whose book gets to be read first, where they will sit to have their book read and on it goes. But it is a time of snuggling and talking and praying. Tonight Ellie wanted to pray for all the "adults" she knew and she usually ends by blessing her bed. For those who don't know, Katelyn still bangs her head to go to sleep, so the music I am currently listening to is supplemented with a little bass beat.

I look at these two girls every day and wonder how they got to be so big so fast and how I can make it slow down. My mom keeps threatening to put them in a box with a brick on top so they can't get any bigger. It makes me wonder at what age my mom stopped looking at me and wondering when I would stop growing. I hope I do continue to grow each day (maybe not physically, but wiser).

No comments: