Saturday, August 08, 2009

Girls Day Out

When I was a little girl, my mom always took a day off of work a week or two before school started and just spent it with me and then Sherry doing Back-to-School shopping. I am sure she had no idea how much it impacted me, but I always cherished that time of year and was so excited to spend the day with Mom in anticipation of school starting. So when I had my own kids, I knew that we would make a day of it.

I have actually been looking forward to my day with Katelyn for weeks. We spent the day shopping for some back to school clothes--which she doesn't really need because she has a set uniform to wear, but I let her pick out a couple of outfits anyway, because every girl needs to start the year with some special clothes they pick out themselves. We bought some school supplies for home when she has homework (at school supplies are part of tuition) and had a fun little lunch at McDonald's Playland. Overall, a success I believe. She was on her best behavior and it was a good start to our family's tradition. I am still in shock that this teeny child I birthed five years ago is now ready to go to kindergarten. Where did the time go?

No comments: