Katelyn catching a wave
Katelyn, Ellie and Dylan all have early June birthdays. The aunts showered them with a surprise birthday party while we were there. They were surprised to say the least and loved on well.
We took the kids to Gulfarium to see the marine life, including dolphin and sea lion shows. Below the girls are with the trainers after asking them lots of questions.
Owen taking some time out to play in the sand.
Alan and the girls had a Turtle Encounter where they got to go behind the scenes, learn about the turtles and feed them.
We ate dinner one night (all 29 of us) down by the Boardwalk. Afterwards, we took a stroll, had balloon pirate swords made by a "real" pirate, ate ice cream and did the bungee trampolines. A very pleasant night indeed.I love that our family is so close and still gets together routinely. I remember beginning this tradition when I was a little girl--before my generation was married and bringing our own kids to the beach. There was a sad note to the trip. Mema Shirley had planned to go on this trip never realizing that she would so unexpectedly be taken from us. We still appreciate her starting this family tradition with Papa so many years ago.



1 comment:
I know that you miss your grandmother, but what a wonderful way to continue to honor her love of family...hope you will return to my favorite spot in the world for many years to come!
Post a Comment